Textpattern CMS Customization
Textpattern is a Content Management System (CMS) for running a website without reliance on software installed on a computer.
A flexible, elegant and easy-to-use content management system, Textpattern is both free and open source CMS. Sites published with Textpattern development can employ unlimited registered contributors, each of whom may be assigned privileges by the publisher of the site. Installing and managing plugins that extend Textpattern's abilities is straightforward. Overall, is a good contender of Wordpress CMS and MovableType although it's not the most trendy publishing software outhere.
Textpattern is a web application designed to help overcome these and other hurdles to publishing online, and to simplify the production of well-structured, standards-compliant web pages.
Textpattern offers a number of features and conveniences to users, site administrators and developers, including:
- Have a text-to-HTML converter which permits users to publish content without learning HTML.
- Preview of both the final "look" of content and of its XHTML.
- Standards-compliant XHTML and CSS "out of the box", with all layout in the default setup handled via stylesheets.
- A privilege-based user hierarchy, allowing for an organized structure of writers, editors and publishers to work easily in concert.
- Built-in site statistics, including referer tracking.
- Syndication of site content via RSS and Atom.
- A robust plugin architecture which allows the addition of features to any part of the system, including the administrative backend. Installing the plugins is also easy, as the plugin code actually gets stored inside the database when it is uploaded via the web interface, so no upload to file system via FTP is necessary.
- Textpattern got a built-in CSS editor. Zaptech have Expert web designers for the TextPattern CSS Customization.
- An integrated link management system.
- An integrated image management system which allows the association of images with particular pieces of content
- An integrated file management system which allows files to be offered for download.
UTF-8 publishing and support for many languages, including English, French, Italian, German, Czech, Japanese, Estonian, Latvian, Dutch, Norwegian, Danish, Portuguese, Catalan, Polish, Slovenian, Indonesian, Swedish, Icelandic, Russian and Greek (including support for polytonic).